All about Ella Rose

Thank heaven for little girls!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 15, 2006

oh mother, what a day!



Happy belated mothers day to all those mums reading this. Also, Happy birthday mum for last saturday!!!!
Yesterday was what we all know of as "Mothers day". For some this means a day where if you have in sometime in your life given birth to a child you are eligible to have "timeout" and be pampered for the day, but it was not so for this new mum... it was my first mothers day and boy did Ella remind me that I was now a mum!
We started the day out early, no breakfast in bed for this mum, (not that I of course expected that from little Ella) it was not that at all that made the day "not so relaxing”, it was the fact that she had a terrible belly ache (I must have eaten something that didn’t agree) in the morning and was not a happy girl for half of the day. She did finally settle when we arrived at my mums and dads at about 4pm, the reason is she had disposed of what had given her the tummy ache in her nappy...and continued to do so for the rest of the night, filling at least 4 nappies in just a few hours. I never thought it was possible for such a small little being to poo so much!!! She managed to poo all over her pretty brown dress shown above; luckily I was prepared with another outfit!
By the end of the day we were both exausted, for different reasons I suppose, .... Thanks Ella for reminding me what it is to be a mum. We took the other photo when we got home that night...after she had a bath, and was feeling relaxed......at least until the next day...hehe...ahhh what a day!
oh, I did get beautiful flowers, some great boots (ella has great taste) and a gorgeous card....
Maybe next year will be a little more relaxing??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker