All about Ella Rose

Thank heaven for little girls!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 17, 2006

A new rose bud is born!



Exactly 18 days and 7 hrs ago a new little rose bud was born... her name is Ella Rose Kerr, weighing in at a whopping 4.4 kg and 53cm long, was brought into this world by Dr Neelam Bhardwarj by way of a cesarean...and mum and dad, being myself Lisa and Jai my husband could not be more over the moon about her!
The week previous to Ella being born I was at a normal weekly appointment with dr Bhardwarj and I was informed that I had high blood pressure. At this time I was 39 weeks pregnant with Ella and wasn’t looking to have her at any time soon, she had not dropped (or engaged as they say). This concerned my doctor and she sent me off to have an ultrasound to see how big the baby was (at this time we did not know she would be a beautiful little girl) she weighed in at 8.8 pound…and compared to the measurements of my pelvis and the baby, there was no way she would be coming out naturally!! So an appointment at 8am on the 31st of March was booked in to have little Ella at the Mercy in Heidelberg.
Jai was unfortunately very sick with a temperature of 39 degrees so was unable to come into the surgery with me which was very disappointing to him and myself, so my mum Maree came in with me and was a fantastic support. A mere half hour later Ella was born, and much to my surprise she was a girl (millions of people throughout the pregnancy had sworn that she was a boy!-bad luck to those people…you were wrong!) and of course my first reaction between frantic shaking fits (apparently due to the epidural) I burst into tears with complete and utter joy!!!
So now 17 days later Ella and myself are settling in at home. Ella is finally feeding quite well with breastfeeding, after a lesson at the mercy I think we have almost finally got it, not quite mastered, but getting there!! Not too many tanties about the right breast anymore…for some reason she does NOT prefer this side…she is the only one that knows the answer to that question!
And sleep well…..there isn’t a lot of that at this stage for any of us, including poor old dad who is a little worried about this and going back to work. Speaking of Dad, Jai has been an absolute angel, with feeding me and cleaning up around the house, I am not sure how I will cope without him. Thank you so much my dear dear husband!
Well I think I have exhausted my first blog entry and will just say, that so far I am absolutely loving being a mum, even sleep does not compare to how she makes me feel…she truly makes getting up every three hours all the more worth it.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 29, 2006 3:46:00 AM, Blogger Ella Rose said...

Mummy loves you Ella!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker