All about Ella Rose

Thank heaven for little girls!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The last 5 months....where has it gone!

Wow, time has flown, and not a peep you have seen from poor Ella's little blog. I am sure you have all been eagerly awaiting to see some updated pictures of Ella. Apologises for the huge gap between now and the last blog, life has just been rather hectic lately and finding time to sit down at the computer when it is not work related has become quite a task. Hopefully I can redeem this blog and start to add to it more often in the future. Basically, Today is the beginning of a new beginning of "all about Ella"!

When I started this blog when Ella was only a few weeks old, I really wanted to have this as a memento of her changes as she grows, for myself and Jai, but also for Ella in the future. As many of you know, my memory is not the greatest. Jai jokes constantly that i am a little similar to drew Barrymore in 50 first dates, forgetting who he is when i wake in the morning, and sometimes i think he is not far from the truth, so i really wanted to remember as much as i could from Ella's life, so i thought this would be a great way to do so, as well as share with her family and friends her growth. I am disappointed in myself for not continuing to do so in the last 5 months, but life can get in the way of our intentions sometimes....so although i do intend to keep wring more in the future... So Ella when you read this blog in 10 years from now ( or even earlier if blogs still exist?! ) i am sorry that there is a 5 month gap. Mummy was busy!

A lot has happened in the last 5 months in regards to Ella and her many quirks...but I think the biggest thing to mention is that she has now turned 2!! And as the mother of this beautiful little girl, i could not be more proud of who she is becoming. No longer a baby, but a little chatty "hilarious" character which amuses us everyday. She definitely has a sense of humor ( thanks to jai i think) with her funny faces she pulls and her silly voices. But she also has a very serious side to her, when concentration sets in there is no stopping her determination even if it is only just to put on her own shoes....but if all else fails and Ella cant "do it now" ..she has a weapon, that anyone would melt when she cries for help....her cute face! There are times where she has tested my patience ( I still have a long way to go in learning this art ) being a normal little two year old, with tantrums which would turn any ones head. but I must say I can never stay angry at that adorable face of hers...she really has me won over.

She knows what she wants...and what she wants to do "ELLA DO IT NOW!!" is a common phrase we hear everyday. but a quick...what do you say and a very gentle "please mummy" comes out of her mouth like she knows it is the magic word I need to hear for her to get what she wants...you have to chuckle inside.

There is a lot more I could write about, and i will...just not today. we have just come back from Hobart...and I am supposed to be unpacking.(just got side tracked Jai~:P ) But what I do promise is...lots of photos to come. I will put them in categories of what has happened in the last 5 months...so enjoy! some things will be - Nana and Jessie's visit - Ella's birthday- our new house - Hobart holiday - the zoo - and anything else i can put together...see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker