All about Ella Rose

Thank heaven for little girls!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sitting Pretty!




This weekend has been full of lots of firsts for little Ella. She has tried her first taste of pasta (like a true little Italian) she has drank water out of a cup for kiddies and the biggest and best one of all....she sat up on her own for the first time ever today!

Food has been a bit of a struggle for Ella the past few weeks. Especially last week as she has been sick with a cold, and as we adults know, food tends to taste like crap when you are sick, so I can only imagine it is the same for babies. So yesterday I decided to do as my nonna has been telling me for weeks...("try pasta she will like pasta") so like a good little Italian mother, I did. I tried plasmon pasta, boring, just boiled, and to my surprise she LOVED it...Couldn't get enough. Now that's a true wog baby for you!

As for the kiddy drinking cup, it also has been a struggle to get her to drink water. Understandably as I am not a big fan myself. She would end up gagging on it and spiting it out, so I tried today a new tactic, as I want her to grow to like water. I put it in a cup with a spout (the one in the photo) and it has handles that she can grab.....Well it worked...She kept pulling it to her mouth, no gagging at all! I hope it stays a novelty!

Lastly which really needs no explanation. ELLA CAN SIT UP ON HER OWN!!!! yay Ella!!!!
Of course there is the occasional falling backward, but she can do it for more than a second now. It has been a slow process, up until today she needed the assistance to stay up, her back felt strong, but she couldn't quite keep it upright for long. But now look at her...Sitting AND playing!!! What a girl!

I love being a part of all these firsts Ella is showing me, it is so refreshing to get so excited by things we would normally take for granted. To see her face glow with excitement, to watch her try so hard to do things, to be a witness to her learning the simple things in life....It really is priceless.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Miss A and Co said...

How the time flies! One minute a sleeping baby, now a budding artist, eating and drinking and sitting up! WELL DONE ELLA, and it sounds as though you're going to love Italian food too. Big kiss and hug from Aunty Monique xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker